RACING takes place at Cheltenham today as the first day of the Festival kicks off and we have you covered with all the latest runners, results, tips and going news.
Get yourself along to the racecourse or watch on tv as racing gets underway this afternoon.
FREE £30 CHELTENHAM BET Check out this new sign up offer from Sun Bets
What time does racing start at Cheltenham?
The first race is at 1.30pm.
There are seven races on the card and the last race is due off at 5.30pm.
What TV channel is Cheltenham on?
You can watch the racing at Cheltenham on Racing UK.
Racing UK is on Sky channel 432, Virgin channel 536, and UPC in Ireland on channel 411.
ITV1 will be showing the 1.30, 2.10, 2.50, 3.30 and 4.10.
What is the going at the racecourse?
The going is currently Soft, Heavy in Places.
Templegate’s Cheltenham tips
- 1.30 Cheltenham – Paloma Blue: ‘Chased home Samcro last time and looks on the up’ (add to your betslip)
- 2.10 Cheltenham – Footpad: ‘Been so impressive over fences and can go right to the top’ (add to your betslip)
- 2.50 Cheltenham – Ramses De Teillee: ‘Sound jumper who travels strongly’ (add to your betslip)
- 3.30 Cheltenham – Buveur D’Air: ‘Conditions in his favour and hard to see past the reigning champ!’ (add to your betslip)
- 4.10 Cheltenham – Apple’s Jade: ‘Looks to have taken her form to another level this season’ (add to your betslip)
- 4.50 Cheltenham – Mossback: ‘He’s been crying out for this marathon trip’ (add to your betslip)
- 5.30 Cheltenham – De Plotting Shed: ‘Has graded form and that makes him look well weighted here’ (add to your betslip)
Racecourse information with leading jockeys and trainers with runners:
- Old course is left-handed, 1m 4f round, 9 fences to a circuit and a stiff climb to the winning post.
- Favourites: (2013-18): 158 have won out of 619 races (25.5%). At the previous corresponding meetings, 44 have won out of 190 races (23.2%).
- Leading trainers (2013-18): N Henderson 43-387, P Nicholls 43-401, P Hobbs 35-262, W P Mullins 32-256, N Twiston-Davies 32-262, D Pipe 23-236.
- Leading jockeys (2013-18): B J Geraghty 38-249, R Johnson 35-278, S Twiston-Davies 28-279, R Walsh 25-107, T Scudamore 25-212, N Fehily 20-212.
- N Henderson won the 2.10 in 2012, 2013 and 2017, and won the 3.30 in 2009, 2010 and 2017.
- G Elliott won the 4.50 in 2011, 2015 and 2017.
- W P Mullins won the 1.30 in 2013, 2014 and 2015, and won the 2.10 in 2015 and 2016, and won the 3.30 in 2011, 2013, 2015 and 2016, and won the 4.10 in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016.
- D Pipe won the 2.50 in 2008, 2016 and 2017.
- First run since wind op: Brain Power (2.10), Sizing Codelco (2.50), De Plotting Shed (5.30).
- Best for favourites: 7 favourites have won the 4.10 at Cheltenham in the last 10 years.
How to claim your FREE £30 horse racing bet
1 Register for Sun Bets here
2 Bet £10 or more on horse racing
3 Sun Bets will stick a £30 bet in your account
Tuesday’s Cheltenham racecards and results:
Click here for the latest Supreme Novice Hurdle odds and to place your bet on the race
Click here for the latest Arkle Chase odds and to place your bet on the race
Click here to see the latest Ultima Chase odds and to place your bet on the race
Click here to see the latest Champion Hurdle odds and to place your bet on the big race of the day