Son of former Fox News host found dead hours after dad was sacked by channel
The teenage son of a former Fox News host has been found dead the same day his dad was fired over sexual harassment allegations.
Eric Bolling, a prominent Trump supporter, has been accused of sending unsolicited sexts to colleagues.
Fox News confirmed on Saturday it was cancelling his show ‘The Specialists’.
And just hours later it emerged his 19-year-old son Eric Chase Bolling had been found dead.
The TV host’s only son with wife Adrienne was studying economics at the University of Colorado Boulder, according to his Facebook profile.
It remains unclear how he died.
His father tweeted: “Adrienne and I are devastated by the loss of our beloved son Eric Chase last night. Details still unclear. Thoughts, prayers appreciated.”
Responding to claims on social media that his son had taken his own life, Bolling later added: “Authorities have informed us there is no sign of self harm at this point.
“Autopsy will be next week. Please respect our grieving period.”
Bolling was accused of sending lewd text messages to at least three women working at Fox, sources told the Huffington Post.
It is the third high-profile sexually harassment case to rock the cable news outlet.
Bolling’s lawyer called the claims “untrue and terribly unfair.”
Bolling is a prominent supporter of President Trump.
In his final show before he was fired he said: “Bottom line, Trump has fixed most of the Obama failures and I call that a success first six months.”
Fox News parted ways with star host Bill O’Reilly in April following allegations of sexual harassment, and former Fox News Chairman Roger Ailes was forced to resign last year after being accused of sexual misconduct by a number of women, including former anchor Gretchen Carlson.
Both men denied wrongdoing.
The Huffington Post said their report was based on allegations from 14 sources who requested anonymity.
They claim that several years ago, Bolling sent unsolicited photos of male genitalia by text message to at least two colleagues at Fox Business and another one at Fox News.
The messages were sent on several occasions, the Huffington Post said.
Bolling’s attorney, Michael Bowe, said in an email to Reuters that “the anonymous, uncorroborated claims are untrue and terribly unfair.
He added: “We intend to fully cooperate with the investigation so that it can be concluded and Eric can return to work as quickly as possible.”
Previously, Bowe said in a statement to the Huffington Post that Bolling did not recall sending any inappropriate messages and would “vigorously pursue his legal remedies” to combat any false or defamatory accusations.
Fox News, with a conservative bent associated with
Republican Party politics, has led most ratings for US cable news for years but has been unsettled by reports that it has been a hostile workplace for women.
Ailes was credited with building Fox News into a politically influential channel.
Fox News parted ways with O’Reilly, the face of the channel, after advertisers began to flee his show.
Rupert Murdoch, executive chairman of Twenty-First Century Fox, wrote at the time that the company was committed to “fostering a work environment built on the values of trust and respect.”
- What we know three days on from Manchester Arena terror…
- Premier League 2017/18 confirmed kits: What YOUR club will…
- First picture of man charged after driver ploughs into…
- Desperate families plead for information on…
- iPhone 8: Release date, price, specs, rumours and news about
- When is San Diego Comic Con 2017? Dates, schedule, best…
- Astonishing 3D face of 10,000-YEAR-OLD African caveman…
- Charlottesville murder suspect ‘who ploughed sports…