Liverpool transfer news and rumours: Reds failed in bid to sign Real Madrid starlet Marco Asensio?
Liverpool failed in a bid to sign Marco Asensio this summer.
The Spaniard enjoyed a fine season with Real Madrid last term and big things are expected this campaign.
Asensio shone at the U21 European Championships and Diario Gol report Liverpool made enquiries to Real.
Unsurprisingly, they were knocked back with Zinedine Zidane planning a key role for the youngster next season.
Keita criticised by Leipzig chief
The extraordinary comments were made by Leipzig’s sporting director Ralf Rangnick with the 22-year-old keen to move to Anfield.
Speaking at a coaching convention, Rangnick said: “There should be someone who points them into the right direction.
“The boys themselves are not the problem here. It is their surroundings.
“A whole village in Guinea or somebody from their entourage tells the players why they must do something right away. I can’t blame the players.”
Klopp says pre-season feels different
Jurgen Klopp believes Liverpool’s pre-season feels different to this time 12 months ago.
The Reds are in Germany, on the banks of Lake Tegernsee in the Bavarian Alps, for the latest stage of their preparations and face Hertha Berlin on Saturday.
They will then take part in the Audi Cup in Munich and got down to work with their first session on Wednesday.
“We didn’t want to be actually in Munich because we wanted a proper camp,” Klopp told the Liverpool Echo.
“When we heard we would be part of the Audi Cup we decided to stay in this place. It’s a fantastic area – maybe the most beautiful area in the whole of Germany.”
Will Liverpool win the Premier League title under Jurgen Klopp?
12000+ VOTES SO FAR
- Juventus 1-4 Real Madrid: Cristiano Ronaldo’s brace…
- Liverpool transfer news and rumours: Door open for Reds to…
- Liverpool transfer news and rumours: Reds are aiming to beat
- Premier League 2017/18 confirmed kits: What YOUR club will…
- What we know three days on from Manchester Arena terror…
- Revealed: Every Premier League club’s record transfer…
- No harm done! RB Leipzig duo Naby Keita and Diego Demme…
- Desperate families plead for information on…